Thursday 16 February 2012

The Good, The BadAss and The Ugly - Alison O'Shea

Round Up, Round Up!
LocalLightPollution has a new feature called The Good, The BadAss and The Ugly.
Yes, you've heard whispers of it I'm sure, a creation so frightening that it has all of my nearest and dearest running terrified to the hills. But, there are a brave few, worthy of the tales of knighthood themselves, who have given me FULL ACCESS to their wardrobes and allowed me photograph them in an assortment of Delicious delights and horrific horrors. 
The format is pretty easy to understand. Basically I just go to my mates houses, usually drink a few cups of tea and have a cheeky cigarette and then I go to their wardobes and pick out outfits from what I see, some Good, some BadAss and one Ugly. I then make them wear whatever I pick out while I photograph it (poorly, never said I was a photographer) and post it on the internet for anyone who wants to to see. 
It is basically like a fashion Freak Show. So should be a bit of craic.

First up, is lovely Alison O'Shea (who you may or may not remember from the last photoshoot). 

The Good


Isn't she just adorable? 
The pinky-orange in the stripes on this slouch shirt work perfectly with her pale skin tone and statement hair colour. And with pins like those her white Levi cutoffs are looking pretty damn sweet. 
Definitely a good un'. 


Close up of her peach platforms. 
Like the cutie little sister of the creeper family. 


A 1950's day dress with a floral pattern like this is almost too cute for words. You can't tell from the photo but the material is a sort of terry cloth which is such a nice unusual touch for a dress like this.
The dress was actually bought in the shop I work in about a year ago, The Harlequin. Most of my clothes and pretty much all of the stuff from the last shoot was gotten there. Best vintage shop in Dublin, just sayin'. (PLUG, PLUG, PLUG)

The BadAss


Jesus, who is that BadAss?
Oh, it's Ali.
The outfit here is pretty simple, it's only three things.
1. Black Skinny Jeans
2. Zara, shaggy fur coat
3. Leopard print creepers.
Baiscally, it's like three easy steps for how to be a badass.


This is a close up of the Creepers.
She ordered them online from China for 6Euro, the shipping cost about 8 times that but whatever.
They pretty much badass-ify any outfit she wears, she wears them pretty much constantly and who can blame her. Slick.


This outfit is one that I put together with stuff I found in her wardrobe, the stuff she doesn't wear really.
It's an oversized denim sleevless dress (totally unfitted, basically a tent in denim) and a three layer studded belt from Ali's emo days. 
Put them together, throw in the key creepers and some opaque black tights and you've got a badass over here.
I just love this outfit, the collar on the dress with the sleeveless look seems almost rock-a-billy to me.
Pretty kool if I do say so myself.

The Ugly



Does this really need an explanation?
I found this little gem lurking in the bottom of a bag, under some other shit, in a wardrobe.
But what a find it was.
The pattern.
The man made fabric.
The obnoxiously large shoulder pads.
If you can believe it, it looked even worse on.
Rock that Ali, Rock that.

The Scene of the Crime


A wardrobe, the depths of which I had to plunge to find these treasures. 
Just a bit of back stage glamour for you lovely lot!


Next time on The Good, The BadAss and The Ugly it's Mr William Dwyer-Joyce.

Stay Classy lads and ladies

Until Next Time
Big Kisses and Hugs
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment